Thursday, February 7, 2013

Meet Ami, our little monster!

The gods of "gastronomy" have been conspiring against me.  I really want to try the star fruit I picked up over the weekend, but the damned thing refuses to ripen.  It'll probably ripen tonight, while I'm asleep, then be a bag of mush come the morning.

If not, you can expect a post about it soon.  In the meantime, while I waited, I figured I'd try my hand at some Amigurumi. These things are so darned cute.



I had to make one.  Off to Walmart I went to purchase supplies, and half an hour later I'm home and reading the instructions.  Seems simple enough, right?  Just ties some yarn in lots of tiny knots until it looks like one of the little guys above.

Apparently it is harder than it looks.  I couldn't even get the damned thing started, let alone finished.  I may not be cut out for crochet.  My monkey thumbs strike again.

Turns out crochet may not be my thing, but it sure is Tara's!  She picked up my failed ball of tangled yarn, and in a jiffy had whipped it into shape.  She was unstoppable, hook flying through the forms until she had transformed a length of colored string into our very first Amigurumi monster.

We are proud to present to you, Ami...


Isn't she cute?  A little larger than expected, but still pretty damned good for a first attempt.  Not only that, but it looks like we may have a new hobby to occupy our leisure time, so expect to see more of these critters, and other guys, in the future!


1 comment:

  1. As if that was a first attempt!! Great job Tara!!

    Ash

    ReplyDelete